Obtaining Weapons Edit
Each henchman comes equipped with a default weapon (almost always the basic version) at the start of a game. Better weapons can be purchased from Crime Lords and Deputies and, on rare occasions, via a Special job (this is specific to the campaign when you forgot to buy a unique weapon in an earlier mission).
Equipping Weapons Edit
The purchased weapons are put in to a repository which you can view by examining any henchman and then clicking the "Equip" button. You'll see a list of all available weapons, including the one the henchman is currently using (in a red box), and can select a different weapon for them to use if desired.
Weapon Types Edit
There are three broad types of weapon:
- Melee – Short-range, direct contact weapons
- Ranged – Close- to long-ranged, projectile weapons
- Talents – Innate weapons or abilities of certain henchmen
There is some overlap, for example knives can be thrown and pistols are more effective at point blank range; the main reason for these categories is that there are different hit chance statistics and perks that apply to them.
Weapon Ranges Edit
Weapon Variants Edit
There are 4 variants of each weapon type:
- Normal (one circle)
- Better (two circles): +10% damage
- Exceptional (three circles): +20% damage
- Unique (star): +30% damage; or +20% and some other buff (eg. extra range, hit chance, etc.)