Protection rackets earn dirty money for every independent business operating in the neighbourhood by insisting that these businesses pay them for "protection," usually from the racketeers themselves.
- Threats: Arming the racketeers with 5 firearms makes their "protection service" more serious, increasing how Feared the gang is by 10.
- Intimidation: By spending $500, the racketeers can use more coercive tactics to get money, increasing the racket's efficiency by 20 but decreasing how Liked the gang is by 5.
- Drive-By: By using 5 units of firearms, the gang can scare off the business's owners and workers, turning it into an empty premise available for purchase.
- Ambush: A gang member can ambush the racket's money handler, earning the gang $500 but lowering relations with the racketeers.
- Buyout: If the racketeers have Warm relations with the gang, the gang can purchase the racket for $1,000. Relations can be improved by bribing police or calling in a favour during an Investigation.